Thursday, May 5, 2011

...AND WHILE I WAS SOMEWHERE SMILING, A YOUNG MAN WAS DYING.

As I rejoiced some months ago at the approaching weekend, a young man was making his way out.. from here.. to somewhere that only God knows.

As I spoke to my family almost every other day, or week after that, a family somewhere wondered hard at the disappearance of their young man, and wished on a star just to hear his voice.

As I sat around the last couple of days with perfect knowledge about where my family was even across oceans, a family lived with the uncertainty about where their young man could be, only a couple of miles away.

As we as a school and community prayed fervently for his safe return, God was right beside us... saying NO.

Between looking forward to that weekend in January, and 7 30 a.m this morning in May, I was probably somewhere smiling, while this young man was dying.

As I basked in the glory of the feeling of being able to become and be called a seniour, the body of this young freshman boy was being pulled out the Beaver River.

As I sit on this bed and look forward to going home to see my family, a family sits somewhere and mourns because their young man will never return.

As I sit here and long to call my mom just to say how much I love her, a mother sits somewhere with swollen eyes, cause she never again, will get to hear her son speak.

...and as I sit here and wonder why God would let somethings happen, I get only one answer... "Because I am He."

We can scream and yell, and cry and wail, because after this long, hard period of uncertainty, the battle seems a loss. From a bright sunny day...to raindrops...to thunderstorms...to a setting sun...and now, total darkness.

...and through that piercing darkness, God lights the torch, places in it our hands, and says "I know it hurts. I love you." No explanations. No reasons. No meaning. Nothing.

We can ask why and seek answers, because after keeping the faith, he seems to have walked out on us. From being right beside us, holding our hands, and saying it will be okay... to loneliness, sadness, and excruciating pain.

...and through this pain that eats at the hems that hold our hearts together, God gives us a needle and says "I know you grieve. I am comforter; and though you feel alone, I never leave you...or forsake you." No explanations. No reasons. No meaning. Nothing.

Because no matter how hard we try to understand, we are incapable of it. And all God says is "Take my hand. I'll walk with you... through the darkness and the pain."


Rest In Peace Devon Minor.


~***shanpepe***~

For detailed news, click here.
**Photo credit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment