Friday, May 13, 2011

WHY I LIKE LANRE DABIRI AKA ELDEE?

...Simply because he hasn't given me or you a reason not to; except of course you're one of those people that get's mad at another man's success. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he is perfect. We are all far from perfect, but understand that "sometimes, our only perfection is the fact that we are imperfect." [That's my quote by the way. :-)] So, what I am saying is, he's perfect in his imperfection; a model man I'd like to think and believe. I'm not going to ask you to change your opinion about eLDee, but I will back up my words. Sooooo, let's get it started.

           First of all, He is a muslim man, and he's not afraid to hide that, even in a world that sometimes frowns upon people with strong moral or religious views. How do I know? Just don't ask too many questions. Maybe try following him on twitter, @eLDeethedon , or join his facebook page, eLDee. And in case you're wondering, no, I've never met him face to face.
           Secondly, ya'll know this girl is all about the looks. [If you didn't know that, read my previous post.] I remember the first time I saw Eldee's picture a couple of years ago. I was like Hoooollyyyy Shiiiiit. Whhyyyy am I just knowing this is what he looks like?! To say the least, the bratha is on poinT. Yeah, he's naturally good looking, but I respect a man that makes an effort to always look presentable. Eldee is that man. He always has the neatest haircuts [proof] and the best tailored suits [proof]. You know how I feel about shoes and wrist watches? [refer to previous post] He prolly hits home on that too.I watched him on U-stream once, and minus laughing my way through it cause of how funny he was, he made an impression of 100% on the looks. Give it to him please. The man always looks amazing.

 If you have any cause to disagree with me, abeg find a transformer, be my guest, and hug it.
         Thirdly, he's an entrepreneur. A young and very successful man with a large heart. [yes, I said young. Don't hate.] For those of you who really don't know, Trybe Records? Yes, that's his. Plus you see, this is a young man making efforts to improve the quality of life of some people without raising the cost, and he does it through music, since that is what he does best. Recently, Trybe Records in the effort to showcase some of the  best unsigned artists in Nigeria, put out this thing they called Top Talent, where people could send in songs and have the public vote on who the 'top talent' was. The winner is getting to work with him on his album, and gets a record deal from Trybe Records. He has crossed the finish line and has turned back to help people run the race.
           Furthermore, he's a family man, married since 2008 and with a beautiful daughter. He's all about his family, and is still able to work and keep his fans on board. That's a lot of work. I mean, I'm one of those eLDee fans that has managed to get a little piece of every cake. He follows me on twitter [and replies almost all my tweets], and is my facebook friend. I remember once when a fan tweeted something about him being  sweeeeet, and he said "Thanx, but please use the word sweet sparingly." That made me crack up. Dont even ask why, but I'm going to have to agree with that fan. He is a very sweet man. Very open about his family, and very evidently loves them very much, but he's also there for fans, talking to them and appreciating them.
           In addition, eLDee is passionate about what he does. He loves music. He's not one of those people that is into music for the money and the fame. I say that because he could have done anything else with his life. Become an engineer, go to medical school, be in a court room everyday, drill oil, andd... what else brings good money? Name it. He could have done anything else, or chosen to draw houses. He's a qualified architect. He was a smart cookie and made the A's since high school. [proof]. So see, he's into music because that's what he loves. He's not in it to be better than anyone else in the game. He's not in it to to bring other people down. He's not in it to get involved in useless and childish politics in the music world - Big boy status. #score. He's in it for you, and me - people who love good music.
          If you asked me to name as many of his songs as I could, I probably couldn't even name 5, (hyperbole...lol) because maybe I don't even know most of his songs. If you want to question my being a huge fan, twist your tongue and swallow your words. I'm a huge fan of more than just his music. Yes he's a good musician, but he is also an entirely good man. I'm a fan of the entirely good man.
          So yeah, if you're a hater getting mad at people's success, eLDee will frustrate you very much, and kindly permit me to say that's a good thing. However, if you admire positively driven people that seek holistic transformation for the betterment of not only themselves but for other people around them and the society at large, then you'll admire eLDee. I'm pretty sure you know already which one of the two categories I fall in. One of my twitter followers said "You dont have to love eLDee, but you must respect him." #truthhhhh.
         I know I must've wet some people's curiosity. lol.. Here's his Official Website. Plus, Vote for him as the twitter personality of the month for April. I'd LOVE to see him win. :-)

       Very simply put, Lanre Dabiri Rocks. My. World. <3

P.S. One thing that you should know - One of his big pet peeves is people calling him Oladele. That's not his name. His name is Lanre, which is a dimunitive of Olanrewaju, and Dabiri is his surname.

Well, that's about liking Lanre Dabiri...as i do it.

~***shanpepe***~

6 comments:

  1. I Love This Mehnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with da best tailored suit,clean haircut, Shoes en nice wristwatch, also on an entrepreneur. Nice 1 but I bet amma huge fan dan U (LMAO) he is just α̲̅ Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another point-He's passionate about his country, Nigeria n he stuck ard even wen his kind of music wasn't d norm, b4 everybody else started to do music.

    www.fabuloucityjunkies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i appreciate the comments! and yes, he is very passionate about Nigeria. he really encouraged people to vote and all that. i guess i shouldve included that in the post. his music also stays true to nigeria. very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nicee! haha i like that suit though..

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanxxxx.. :-) and yh, isn't it just cleannnn? he works it right.

    ReplyDelete