Monday, May 9, 2011

LOOKS ARE DECEIVING? TAH! I WANT THEM ANYWAY :-)

You're amazingly cute. Hot. Sexy. You look like my NEXT boyfriend.

That was my facebook status. or wait. IS my facebook status as I write this post. The reason why I'm writing about my facebook status? Because as always, there has to be one person who tells you to look on the inside cause looks could be deceiving.
Now for starters, take life as a joke sometimes...its kinda fun.
     Ok. onto more serious talk. I understand that you should look on the inside because that is what matters most. My dad always told me that to find the right man, you have to KNOW what you're looking for. He always encouraged me to write it down, and keep track of it too, so if I thought there was one more quality I needed or wanted, I could add it to the list without forgetting stuff. I obeyed, and trust me it works. So, I think a great point to start will be that I already know, and an well aware of what I want in a man.
     Now you may be skeptical about the things I have on my list. Besides, that status is all physical right? Ok. Listen. I have A LOT of things on my list. Agreed----> some of them are really physical and superficial - You gotta look amazing in a three piece suit. You have to have neat haircuts and clean, cut fingernails. You have to wear nice wristwatches and shoes.  I do have a lot of superficial and touching-the-surface stuff. But you know what? I am okay with admitting that, and I am not changing any of it. That's who I am, and that's what I want.
         I'm not going to introduce a man to my parents and have to explain the reason why he's wearing a shirt that looks like its been chewed by a cow. I'm not going to walk into a dinner hall with a man who's hands look like he just shoveled dirt off his sidewalk. He's going to be shaking people and trust me, they'll notice the black underneath his fingernails. I'm not going to deal with going to see him at work and having half his shirt out of his belted pants, or his suit a tad too big. Quite simply put, a man is reflected by the shoes and wristwatches he wears -  you got it, or you don't. I'm not going to deal with my people wondering if my man can't afford a comb because of his messy hair. I am not going to have to make excuses every time my friends want to meet my man because I don't think he's hot or sexy. I'm not trying to have a man that is the most attractive thing on the inside, but the least bit attractive thing on the outside. I'm NOT dealing with any of these.. and without an apology too.
       I want to be able to take him home and my parents have a dropped jaw and say I did a good job. I want to stare at him from across the room and get a crush on him all over again because of how adorable he is. I want to be able to proudly hold his hand and introduce him to ANYONE as my man. Simply put, I want him to look like a MAN, not a BOY.
      So, go ahead. Judge me all you want. Say I'm dum and naiive. Just remember, it doesn't hurt anyone that I want a well rounded man. I never said I don't want anything on the inside. As much as my "superficial and physical" list may seem really long, my "inside list" is even longer. Besides, there really is nothing anyone can do about it. I have my standards, and by the grace of God, I'll meet them. I tell him everyday what I want, and what I don't  want. He's giving me the man, so He's who matters.
     Let's just say that I am a girl who knows what she wants [thanks to my dad], and will not settle, because there is one man that has EVERYTHING that I want. " I just haven't met [him] yet." My dad has modeled the ideal physical man. I would not want anything less. Plus, if you're okay with having a man that is not physically attractive but has a wonderful personality and all that, go for it. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that I want one that is attractive both on the inside, and on the outside. and, I WILL make that known. :-)

That's about wanting the looks too... as i do it.

~***shanpepe***~

No comments:

Post a Comment